Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cinemagraphs: Photos Brought to Life in Animated .gifs

From animated .gifs
I just learned how to make a cinemagraph, and here's my first quick sample.  It's pretty cool, and even a little creepy.  Something between photo and video, it's a picture that surprises you when it moves.
For much more beautiful samples that have inspired me to keep working at it, here are some links to explore.  I couldn't do a better job myself, but Russell Brown from Adobe shows you how to do it in this video tutorial using Photoshop CS5 Extended.  Here's another step by step written tutorial here.  
From animated .gifs

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nicole, thanks for sharing this, it's great! Will read the tutorials. Are you going to make them in school? Who are the pretty children you got for your guinea pigs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my contribution to this new and exciting technique! http://www.stevemarselstudio.com/blog & http://www.stevemarselstudio.com/blog/2011/05/26/cinemagraphs-bring-life-to-photos-on-the-web/

    Thanks!!

    Steve Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god!! unbelievable!!!What a effect!!!

    ReplyDelete