Sunday, February 21, 2010

Photoshop Kaleidoscope Tutorial: Digital Math and Geometry Art



Like many kids, I disliked math, and especially Geometry in high school because I couldn't see how it was relevant to my life. I promised to never use it again, but I was so very wrong. Not only do I love teaching it to my third graders, I am fascinated with the creative possibilities of using Geometry within Photoshop. Remember flips, slides, and turns? If only I had known how beautiful they could be, maybe I would have been a little more motivated.

Enjoy the video tutorial on Vimeo,

Photoshop Kaleidoscope Tutorial (Math/Geometry Art) from Nicole Dalesio (magrelacanela) on Vimeo.


Also feel free to download my support files which are a couple of pictures I took in Pleasanton, California, and in Bananaal, Brazil which are in the description for the video on Vimeo.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the very informative post. This blog simply shows the power of online communication as a viable tool for education. By the way, if you want to teach online, there's this site where you can actually share and earn from your educational videos. Here's the link - http://www.powerlearning21.com/

    ReplyDelete